ALLMedicine™ Heatstroke Center
Research & Reviews 148 results
Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Li Q, Han M et. al.
Nov 12th, 2022 - To assess the alterations in resting-state functions and neural structures in the brain of a heatstroke rat model and explore the underlying relationship. In total, 17 male Sprague Dawley rats were randomly divided into a control group (CTRL, n = ...
PloS One; Nakamura D, Kinoshita H et. al.
Nov 8th, 2022 - Heatstroke is a serious heat-related illness that can even cause death. Heat alert systems play an important role in reducing the number of patients experiencing heat illness, as they encourage preventive actions such as the use of air conditionin...
Annals of Emergency Medicine; Feinstein B, Kelley J et. al.
Nov 6th, 2022 - We report a case of cardioversion that was successfully performed on a patient during cold water immersion. The patient deteriorated into unstable ventricular tachycardia while being treated for heatstroke. We elected to perform synchronized cardi...
The Lancet. Planetary Health; Haraguchi M, Toyota T et. al.
Nov 2nd, 2022 - The frequency and severity of heatwaves are projected to rise due to climate change, increasing heat-related illness risks, particularly among older adults. Existing studies have predominantly focused on hazard and exposure factors as a direct cau...
The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness; Hoshi D, Tamai S et. al.
Oct 29th, 2022 - Rugby showed a high incidence of exertional heatstroke. Different physiques and running performances between the forward and back players (FW and BK) may result in different heatstroke risks. This study aimed to compare the hydration status, runni...
Drugs 2 results see all →
Clinicaltrials.gov 3 results
Apr 1st, 2022 - Human beings are characterized by their extraordinary ability to thermoregulate. During a physical exercise, only 20% of the energy provided by the substrates is converted into muscular mechanical work. The remaining 80% is released as heat. In te...
Mar 9th, 2021 - Although the circumstances of onset and management of exertional heatstroke have been identified for several years, its pathophysiology remains imperfectly understood. Exertional heatstroke is the result of both extrinsic (i.e. environmental) and ...
Dec 19th, 2013 - There is growing evidence to conclude that part of the cascade leading to heatstroke is related to an inflammatory reaction triggered by the heat stress. The reduced ability to sustain heat stress - "heat intolerance" is also attributed to over-ex...
News 28 results
Aug 10th, 2022 - High temperatures can reduce the efficacy and safety of drug therapy. Alina Hermann, MD, and her team from Heidelberg University Hospital in Germany explain how heat can affect the quality of pharmacotherapy, and they clarify where special attenti...
Emmarie Huetteman, Kaiser Health News
Aug 5th, 2022 - After more than a week of record-breaking temperatures across much of the country, public health experts are cautioning that children are more susceptible to heat illness than adults are – even more so when they’re on the athletic field, living wi.
Aug 5th, 2022 - After more than a week of record-breaking temperatures across much of the country, public health experts are cautioning that children are more susceptible to heat illness than adults are — even more so when they're on the athletic field, living wi...
Lucas Franki, Richard Franki et. al.
Nov 4th, 2021 - No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die Movie watching usually requires a certain suspension of disbelief, and it’s safe to say James Bond movies require this more than most.
Aug 3rd, 2021 - Millions of Americans have been languishing for weeks in the oppressive heat and humidity of a merciless summer. Deadly heat has already taken the lives of hundreds in the Pacific Northwest alone, with numbers likely to grow as the full impact of ...