×
About 115 results

ALLMedicine™ Cutaneous Anthrax Center

Research & Reviews  44 results

A Case of Malignant Cutaneous Anthrax Localized to the Eyelid.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8991351
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene; Tartar AS, Demirdağ K et. al.

Feb 22nd, 2022 - A Case of Malignant Cutaneous Anthrax Localized to the Eyelid.|2022|Tartar AS,Demirdağ K,Uysal S,|

First PCR Confirmed anthrax outbreaks in Ethiopia-Amhara region, 2018-2019.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8865639
PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases; Ashenefe Wassie B, Fantaw S et. al.

Feb 11th, 2022 - Anthrax is a disease that affects humans and animals. In Ethiopia, anthrax is a reportable disease and assumed to be endemic, although laboratory confirmation has not been routinely performed until recently. We describe the findings from the inves...

Cutaneous anthrax associated with handling carcasses of animals that died suddenly of u...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8382178
PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases; Aceng FL, Ario AR et. al.

Aug 24th, 2021 - Anthrax is a zoonotic disease that can be transmitted to humans from infected animals. During May-June 2017, three persons with probable cutaneous anthrax were reported in Arua District, Uganda; one died. All had recently handled carcasses of live...

Anthrax
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/212127-print

Apr 5th, 2021 - Practice Essentials Anthrax is a zoonotic infection caused by the gram-positive rod Bacillus anthracis. Most cases of anthrax are cutaneous (95%); the remaining cases are inhalational (5%) and gastrointestinal (< 1%). Anthrax caused by inhalation ...

High Case-Fatality Rate for Human Anthrax, Northern Ghana, 2005-2016.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8007318
Emerging Infectious Diseases; Blackburn JK, Kenu E et. al.

Mar 24th, 2021 - The human cutaneous anthrax case-fatality rate is ≈1% when treated, 5%-20% when untreated. We report high case-fatality rates (median 35.0%; 95% CI 21.1%-66.7%) during 2005-2016 linked to livestock handling in northern Ghana, where veterinary reso...

see more →

News  2 results

Anthrax of the Gastrointestinal Tract
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/437391

Abstract and Introduction Abstract When swallowed, anthrax spores may cause lesions from the oral cavity to the cecum. Gastrointestinal anthrax is greatly underreported in rural disease-endemic areas of the world. The apparent paucity of this form...

Epidemiologic Response to Anthrax Outbreaks: Field Investigations, 1950-2001
https://www.staging.medscape.com/viewarticle/442951_4

Discussion In this report we review what has been learned from >40 epidemiologic field investigations of confirmed or suspected anthrax outbreaks in humans or animals during the last 50 years. In the 2001 bioterrorism response, investigators evalu...

see more →